International Mobility Program
Hire a temporary worker through the International Mobility Program
- broader economic, cultural or other competitive advantages for Canada; and
- reciprocal benefits enjoyed by Canadians and permanent residents.
Submit an offer of employment
- pay the employer compliance fee of $230; and
- submit an offer of employment form through the Employer Portal.
Employer compliance fee exemptions
Some employers do not need to pay the employer compliance fee. To find out if you are exempt, review the list of employer compliance fee exemption codes. If you do not need to pay the compliance fee, you will need the exemption code that applies to your situation when completing the offer of employment form. Find out if you are exempt from the employer compliance fee.
After submitting an offer of employment
After you submit an offer of employment through the Employer Portal, you will receive an offer of employment number. You must give this number to the temporary worker you plan to hire or are continuing to employ.
- a letter of introduction (LOI) if they are outside of Canada; or
- a new work permit if they are residing in Canada or applying at the time of entry into Canada.