Help Your Spouse Or Common-Law Partner Work In Canada
Help your spouse or common-law partner work in Canada
Who can get a work permit as spouse or common-law partner of a student?
- are a full-time student at a:
- public post-secondary school, such as a college or university, or CEGEP in Quebec
- private college-level school in Quebec or
- Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law (for example, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree), and
- have a valid study permit.
How long is the open work permit valid for?
How to apply
To apply online you must have:
- access to a scanner or digital camera to make electronic copies of your documents for uploading, and
- a valid credit card to pay with.