The Canadian Experience Class requires a lot of knowledge & experience when completing the application to ensure the applicant meets all the requirements. Guidance is always advised prior to taking any decision / action.
Do you qualify?
What is the Canadian Experience Class?
The CEC is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their Canadian experience and who:
- 1. Intend to reside in a province or territory other than Quebec;
- 2. Maintained temporary resident status during their qualifying period of work experience as well as during any period of full-time study or training in Canada.
The program is directed towards attracting and retaining highly skilled Temporary Foreign Workers and International students that are already living in Canada and who have shown commitment and already managed to adapt to the Canadian society.
Work experience accumulated in Canada without valid temporary resident status does not qualify as Canadian work experience (i.e. foreign nationals such as refugee claimants in Canada and undocumented workers).
Who can apply ?
There are two streams available:
1. TEMPORARY FOREIGN WORKER STREAM
2. POST-GRADUATION STREAM
- 1. Completed a required program of study in Canada and obtained a Canadian educational credential (e.g., degree, diploma, or certificate);
- 2. Been enrolled full-time in this program of study or training for two years.
- 3. The prospective applicant must have acquired in Canada at least 12 months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work experience in a NOC type 0, or level A or B occupation, within the 24 months before the date the application is made.
How to apply?
- Document Checklist (IMM 5610) (PDF, 212 KB)
- Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) (PDF, 536 KB)
- Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) (PDF, 472 KB)
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) (PDF, 170 KB)
- Schedule 8: Economic Classes – Canadian Experience Class (IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 8) (PDF, 961 KB)
- Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) (PDF, 134 KB)
- Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409)
- Separation Declaration for Minors Travelling to Canada (IMM 5604)
- Supplementary Information – Travel List (IMM 5562)
- Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence (IMM 5620)
- Use of a Representative (IMM 5476)
- Instruction Guide (IMM 5609)